Market study: Social Listening
Choosing the right tool for social listening and sentiment analysis is not easy, because the range of solutions and platforms is very large and difficult to keep an overview of. The selection of software - or even a combination of tools - is the first and not so easy hurdle for the use of social listening,
especially for SMEs.
There are already some market studies, but they are either partly outdated, or they are not suitable for the German-speaking market.
- Secondary research (quantitative and qualitative)
- Interviews with experts
- Evaluation and weighting of tool properties using an evaluation catalog
- Connection to teaching: free elective module, course of studies online communication
- Integration into two teaching projects in the online communication degree program
- Transfer measures
- Communication concept for publication
- Publication as topic hub on Mittelstand 4.0 Competence Center Communication
- Systematic market study available for publication online
- The study is aimed at SMEs with up to 250 employees, small communications and marketing agencies, and the academic environment.
- Nearly 120 tools were identified, of which a total of 67 were then reviewed.
- Based on the criteria defined for the target group of the study, 24 of these were
comprehensively examined and evaluated for the study
Applied research project for teaching, thereby improving teaching quality, especially B.Sc. Online Communication.
Transfer of results:
- Findings are published in a manner suitable for SMEs as a topic hub on Mittelstand 4.0 Kompetenzzentrum Kommunikation.
- Findings will be included in book publication by Alexa & Siegel in preparation.
Findings flow into book publication by Alexa & Siegel
Study: Social Listening Tools - Online platforms & tools for monitoring and analyzing online
communication Download the german version of the study