Fulldome films in 3D audio
Within the project, immersive audiovisual content, forms, aesthetics and dramaturgies of media
discourse types are conceived and produced. Under the premise of original, apparatus-specific
- Production of fulldome films in 3D audio with a wide variety of approaches.
- Conversion/mapping of productions to VR Devices (especially Oculus Rift etc.)
- Analysis of aspects of the device-specific change in creative values
- Formation of criteria for the change in the receptive experience
- Formation of criteria for the development of audiences for the changed receptive experiences
- Cultural-historical derivation of "immersion" and media
- Analysis of reference works and apparatuses
- Formation of criteria for apparatus-specific immersive AV concepts and their production methodology
- Integration into teaching in order to develop diversity of forms and application scenarios
- Critical evaluation of the production results with regard to the development of criteria
- Three carefully produced, forward-looking fulldome films with 3D audio sound have been created.
- The results were submitted to international competition.
- Based on the present project and precursors, the topic of "Immersive Audiovisuals" has
become a permanent part of the teaching at B.A. and M.A. media degree programmes at the h_da.
Funding Organisation: Hessian Film and Media Academy (HFMA)
Project management: Prof. Sabine Breitsameter
Project partners: HFMA and students of all affiliated Hessian media producing universities, Marlene Breuer (director Hessischer Rundfunk, HfMdK); Natascha Rehberg (LBA); Claire Dorweiler (LBA); Robin Wiemann (LBA) and the Planetarium Mannheim.