Audio plays as acoustic holograms
How does a media-specific experience emerge that does not simply try to reproduce the
experiential qualities of traditional media, but rather uses the specific possibilities of innovative technologies? The project aims to answer this question.
- Conception, development and production of 3-5 exemplary novel formats and application
scenarios of acoustic holograms.
- Clarification of the questions:
- Which innovative contents, forms, sound aesthetics, media discourse types, experience and reception forms can be developed as original apparatus-specific design concepts?
- Is the 3D audio apparatus open and "neutral" in terms of design or are there system-related implicit design restrictions or technical structures of influence on creative concepts or processes?
- Cultural-historical embedding of "immersion" in the field of "media
- Analysis of reference works and apparatuses
- Formation of criteria for apparatus-specific immersive AV concepts and their production methodology
- Integration into teaching in order to develop diversity of forms and application scenarios.
- Critical evaluation of the production results
- Limitations of creative forms of expression and artistic concepts due to individual software features of the 3D audio equipment; in this regard, communication with the Fraunhofer Institute-Ilmenau and partial improvements to the software.
- Successful integration of interactive concepts.
- Criticism of the term "immersion".